Thursday, January 27, 2011

Friends make great darwin awards

   HARK! The goblin troop approaches. Five strong and one with explosive balloons on his back, ready to lob. Lightning crackles at fingertips and fire exhausts from palms as a sign of our imminent retaliation, subtleties for the show that is about to begin.
   My companion is silent, waiting. Her spells are secrets and her plans shrouded. Does she plan, or merely wait for the razor's edge of a moment? I don't have time to think. Scorching flames and lightning stop several in their tracks (reducing them to red kool-aid), but another push is imminent.
   It was then she struck. With the flurry of a hundred tornadoes a gust shot from her outstretched hands forcing the approaching goblins back and those too close were launched into the air like so many naked chickens. Though, there was an anomaly among them. It looked to be some sort of fellow dressed in scarlet bath-robes. Yes! He, he was also launched through the air.

Oh.

Wait.

That was me.

Landing in the deep waters of the coastline I quickly and solemnly sunk to my demise because, as everyone knows, wizards cannot swim.

It was really no trouble at all, of course. A few seconds later and she revived me. But, I did have to wonder, was this payback for the 300 foot launch I accidentally sent her on two forests ago?

In Magicka friendly fire cannot be turned off and any number of wizards given near limitless power are prone to a few accidents. It's kind of the point...

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is true, I do attack you (in many of our gaming adventures together)...you look so much like the bad guy...



    like!

    ReplyDelete