Sunday, January 16, 2011

Eat me

    Go ahead. Six heads or one, just try it. But, first I would like to point out some very substantial facts.
    One, I am made of pixels and vertexes. Two, I have the god sent ability to save my game. GET AROUND THAT slimeballs.
     Killed, eaten, used as biofuel, or treat me like a bunny? Goodbye. You have just been reduced to little more than a memory. I know where you are, how to beat you (eat you), and exactly how many psychic thwomps on the head it takes to stop your butchering ways. You can't stop me. You can't stop any of us. We will invade your world and treat you all like some sort of game.
     Do you ever get tired of defeat? Like us do you simply call it a day and turn off the code when you can't get past that super tricky a gajillion-to-one outnumbered part? That's why my  computer crashes...
     The ultimate gamers tool. Don't believe me? Try playing a game that doesn't let you make a time stamped reversal point. Don't want to? I don't blame you, but the alien/fantasy creatures equal-rights movement will be on you shortly. RUN.
     The next time you decide to call a game unfair just consider that you have traveled back in time more times than I can count with retained strategic knowledge that completely upsets the balance of the universe. How else do you think a hero such as yourself can be born?
      No wonder at that why game makers everywhere strive to challenge us. I once played King's Quest VI for over 20 hours before realizing that I had made a critical mistake and needed to restart the game. Was I frustrated? Yes. Did I ever try again? No. Newer games have learned from this.
      Schleets! PANTS THAT EAT YOUR EYES OUT! (Play Dragon Age Awakening).
      Further more, if more games would include Prince of Persia rewinding time features--the ultimate in convenience--I would be more apt to scream about them from the rooftops. It is unsurpassingly wonderful to actually see the creature regurgitate you before you side leap to foil his plans. Can you imagine how frustrated the geth would be? Point closed.

2 comments:

  1. What was that first game we played that had a quick-save key? Just "f5" and boom -- safe! On the other hand, there is something thrilling about those games where you know a mistake is truly fatal. You feel much more connected with your character/player (Diablo: Hero mode).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick save is a boon from deity. F12 baby.

    ReplyDelete